I'm going to start this post off by saying that I'm no makeup artist, but I do enjoy playing with makeup, and find it irrelevant if I wear it out in public or not. Some people spend a lot of money on Halloween, but I don't really do anything for it. However I did this look on my younger sister a couple of weeks ago and really liked the way it turned out. I do apologise for the picture quality though, as my digital camera doesn't seem to be liking any batteries I stick in it at the moment.
The ventriloquist dummy look is really easy to create, and you don't need any sort of costume makeup to do it, which makes it even better! I've listed the products and how I've used them below.
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in Ivory as a base.
- Mac Studio Sculpt Concealer in NW15 to conceal any spots/bags.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder to set the foundation.
- Mac Eyeshadow in Espresso both as a crease shadow and to contour the hollows of the cheeks. I also used this to fill in my eyebrows.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Bootycall as an inner corner highlight and all over the eyelid.
- 17 Blusher in First Kiss used heavily on the cheeks.
- L'Oreal Perfect Slim Superliner as an upper-lid eyeliner, to create the chin and the dramatic bottom lashes.
- Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara to further dramatise the lashes.
- Topshop Inhibition Lipstick for the dark lips.
It seems like I've used a lot of products here, and to an extent I have but they're all products that I would use on an everyday basis. I'm actually quite gutted that I won't get to wear this out this year!
Do you have much planned for Halloween?