2012 was the year I really started to explore makeup, and I owe most of that to the great blogs that I read. There have been products that I regret buying completely, but there have been some absolute gems among them. Here is a quick run down on my makeup favourites of this year.
- Clarins Odyssey Eye Quartet (review here) - While a lot of people would probably include the Naked 2 in their annual favourites, this has been the winning eyeshadow palette for me. Colours that I can wear everyday and can glam up for an evening look? I was sold.
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation (review here) - The best foundation I have ever tried. I love the coverage and staying power, and is suited really well for my skin tone.
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush - This is a bandwagon I'm glad I jumped on. It has changed the appearance of my foundation completely, and couldn't be happier with this.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - The Lasting Perfection Concealer was something I didn't buy for a long time. Can such a cheap product really be that good? Apparently it can!
- Paul and Joe Eyebrow Powder - I bought a couple of Paul and Joe products early this year and this has become my everyday staple for my eyebrows. Their packaging is beyond gorgeous too, and are worth the investment.
- MAC Plumful Lipstick (review here) - A perfect plum-pink shade, Plumful overtook Faux as my favourite lipstick this year. If I could recommend a MAC lippie to anyone, it would be this.
- NARS Blusher in Deep Throat (review here) - This was a very recent purchase, but one that has been sitting among my everyday makeup ever since. It has given me such a good impression of NARS products, and I can't wait to try more.
What products have been among your makeup favourites this year?