I'm a sucker for good packaging, I just get reeled right on in. And Urban Decay's recent release of their Oz palettes were no exception. They are inspired by Glinda and Theodora in the upcoming Disney film Oz: The Great and Powerful. I picked up the Glinda palette. I already have far too many neutrals in my collection, so I decided sprucing it up with a bit of colour wouldn't be such a bad thing.
This particular palette is filled with girly pinks, purples and shimmery shades, and I couldn't love them more. You can use them subtly for a feminine daytime look, or darken them up a bit for a more smokey evening look. With the palette you also receive a 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Rockstar and a Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour in Glinda. Both the eyeshadows and the eye pencil are housed in Urban Decay's Build Your Own palette, which is both sturdy and aesthetically pleasing. I particularly love the gold casing around the shadows.
The shadows you receive in the Glinda palette are the following (named left to right, top to bottom):
- Tornado - A deep purple with a slightly red undertone and a shimmery finish. Great pigmentation, soft and easy to apply.
- Illusion - A soft peach with gold undertones and a frosty finish. Colour payoff is good and feels buttery opposed to chalky.
- Oz - Contains two shades. A very rich gold with a ton of densely packed micro-glitter, and metallic silver also containing micro glitter. The glitter in these does tend to get all over the place, but is nice used in small amounts.
- South - A deep taupe with brown undertones and a metallic finish. Will get a lot of use out of this shade.
- Aura - I'm having a hard time describing these two, but UD describe them as iridescent whites, one with a blue shift, the other with a pink shift. I don't have anything like these, so I'm finding them very interesting!
- Magic - One of my favourites from the palette, Magic is a lavender pink with a gold shimmer. Slightly chalkier than the other shades, but I really do love it.
The Rockstar eye pencil that is included is a very creamy eggplant shade that I suspect I'll get a lot of use out of, as it's not over the top. It's rare that I wear pencil liner (if you had asked me that a few years back my answer would be the complete opposite) but will be smoking it up for nights out. The lip pencil is a lovely rosy brown with shimmer. It's a bit too sticky for me to love it completely, but I'm not one for lipglosses to begin with.
Above is a look created using the card that is included. Having hazel eyes, I find the purples really make them pop, and the more I look at it the more I like it! If you're after some shimmery pastel shades with the odd darker shadow I'd definitely recommend this palette.
Have you picked up either of the palettes from this collection?