PaintPotted readers can receive an extra box free of charge when they subscribe to Birchbox using the exclusive code BBXPP, which is valid for two weeks.
I did it! I finally subscribed to Birchbox. After months of bouncing backwards and forwards between "should I?" and "shouldn't I?" I bit the bullet and purchased the November box. After doing my research on the different boxes available, I settled on Birchbox for the large brand variety and their consistently positive reviews.
So what did I receive in my November Birchbox?
- Laura Mercier Fresh Fig Body Butter. This was one of the main reasons I subscribed. I've lost count of how many times I've given the Laura Mercier body range a sniff in Space NK so I was more than pleased when I spotted this in my box. It smells delicious and has convinced me to purchase more from the range.
- Weleda Oat Replenishing Shampoo. This is only a tiny 18ml sample, so I'm convinced I'll only get 1-2 washes out of it. I've haven't tried much from Weleda but I'm hoping I get along well with this.
- Model Co. Party Proof Matte Lipstick in Kitty. When I initially saw this, I was a bit disappointed. Nude lipsticks are a big no for me. They always wash me out or cling to any dry patches. However when I tried this I was more than pleasantly surprised - it suits me! I wouldn't say it's a true matte lipstick, but it's very creamy and leaves a slightly glossy finish.
- Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil. I've never heard of Chella before, but the pencil is an interesting concept. It's more flesh toned as opposed to a shimmery white. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm curious to see how this works.
- English Laundry Signature Perfume. Not my cup of tea at all. I stay well away from floral scented perfumes and this is no different.
- Pukka Tea Samples. I'm more of a coffee drinker so I probably won't enjoy these, but I'll give them a go anyway.
- Birchbox Pencil Sharpener. I've been needing one of these for quite some time so I'm happy to see one in this box.
Overall, I'm happy with this box and pleased I've subscribed. The body butter and lipstick were the winners for me and I'll definitely get a lot of use out of them. I'm now excited for December's box!